BLENDED
E-LEARNING
Within my classroom I believe digital technologies should be interwoven into my daily teaching. I recognise the need to prepare students for the future and ensure that they are digitally literate and know how to be safe and responsible when using digital technologies. During every lesson I strive to ensure opportunities are provided to use the computers, Smartboard and ipads in a purposeful and meaningful way allowing children to create following the SAMR model.
COLLABORATIVE AND SUPPORTIVE LEARNING ENVIRONMENT
My classroom is a safe and welcoming environment which showcases the learning of my students. Students are supported to take ownership over their learning through goal setting, clear learning intentions and success criteria. The use of SOLO as a thinking tool supports my students to recognise their next steps to achieve a specific goal. I provide opportunities for my students to work independently and collaboratively; constantly encouraging them to reflect on what has been achieved and how to progress to the next step. I strive to ensure that a high level of productive student-teacher interaction takes place and that student voice is valued.
Within my classroom I believe digital technologies should be interwoven into my daily teaching. I recognise the need to prepare students for the future and ensure that they are digitally literate and know how to be safe and responsible when using digital technologies. During every lesson I strive to ensure opportunities are provided to use the computers, Smartboard and ipads in a purposeful and meaningful way allowing children to create following the SAMR model.
COLLABORATIVE AND SUPPORTIVE LEARNING ENVIRONMENT
My classroom is a safe and welcoming environment which showcases the learning of my students. Students are supported to take ownership over their learning through goal setting, clear learning intentions and success criteria. The use of SOLO as a thinking tool supports my students to recognise their next steps to achieve a specific goal. I provide opportunities for my students to work independently and collaboratively; constantly encouraging them to reflect on what has been achieved and how to progress to the next step. I strive to ensure that a high level of productive student-teacher interaction takes place and that student voice is valued.
CULTURALLY
RESPONSIVE
Each student brings something different to the classroom and I believe it is important to celebrate their similarities and differences. As a teacher I know my students well. By knowing each student I can plan engaging lessons that link to personal experiences, interests and cultures. Making connections and building strong relationships with whānua, families and the local community ensures students cultural backgrounds are acknowledged, valued and integrated into the classroom environment and curriculum.
Each student brings something different to the classroom and I believe it is important to celebrate their similarities and differences. As a teacher I know my students well. By knowing each student I can plan engaging lessons that link to personal experiences, interests and cultures. Making connections and building strong relationships with whānua, families and the local community ensures students cultural backgrounds are acknowledged, valued and integrated into the classroom environment and curriculum.
INQUIRY
AND REFLECTION
As a teacher I reflect and inquire into the successfulness of the differentiated learning taking place. I adapt my teaching daily based on observations, conversations and summative assessment to ensure all students make appropriate progress. I use summative and formative assessment to ensure my groupings are flexible and constantly reflect the students’ current learning and next steps. This allows all students to develop the required knowledge and skills as well as providing opportunities for consolidation. I endeavour to provide my students with the skills to become life long learners who take ownership and control over their learning.
As a teacher I reflect and inquire into the successfulness of the differentiated learning taking place. I adapt my teaching daily based on observations, conversations and summative assessment to ensure all students make appropriate progress. I use summative and formative assessment to ensure my groupings are flexible and constantly reflect the students’ current learning and next steps. This allows all students to develop the required knowledge and skills as well as providing opportunities for consolidation. I endeavour to provide my students with the skills to become life long learners who take ownership and control over their learning.
CLASSROOM SET UP
My classroom is currently
an old style prefab, however I am running the classroom using the theory and
concept of a Modern Learning Environment where the children have access to wide
range of resources and can sign up to sessions they feel will support their
learning needs. As I am working with Year 2 children, there are clear
expectations and time provided for children to complete 'must do' activities
before selecting self chosen tasks to support their goals or 'can do'
activities. Through this approach children have an increased level of student agency and are able to take responsibility for their learning, supporting the development of the Key Competencies as stated in the New Zealand National Curriculum.



No comments:
Post a Comment